The clock is ticking on elections, but the Georgia General Assembly session is frozen and incumbents can’t raise money for their campaigns.
Georgia’s elections chief is leaving it up to the governor and state legislature whether to postpone the May 19 primaries another month after a prior delay in the face of coronavirus.
SAVANNAH, Ga. (AP) — The number of coronavirus deaths in Georgia reached 125 on Tuesday, with total confirmed infections exceeding 4,100 , as mayors pressed for Gov. Brian Kemp to impose greater restrictions statewide in hopes of slowing the new virus.
Success! An email has been sent to with a link to confirm list signup.
Error! There was an error processing your request.
Would you like to receive our daily news in your inbox? Signup today!
- Calhoun business owner charged with human trafficking, child molestation
- Update: Floyd COVID-19 cases rise to 70; governor to close schools, issue statewide shelter in place order
- 'Never been so scared' -- Local COVID-19 patient shares her story
- Body found in creek at Seab Green Road bridge
- UPDATED: Body found in Coosa creek is identified
- Floyd Medical Center CEO says COVID-19 worst is yet to come
- Frustrations boil over at LaFayette range manufacturer
- Cedartown woman killed in early morning shooting, suspect remains in critical care
- Coroner: 5 dead in Bartow were members of the same family
- Third death attributed to COVID-19 infection announced from Floyd County, Bartow up to 6